1. “After seeing so many people tweeting about ted lasso, I finally gave in and watched the show and it’s aboutâ¦ football ???”
It was a tweet sent by @mixbecca on Saturday. She gave Ted Lasso a chance while the show was all about football, and what happened next was awesome.
@mixbecca tweeted live as she watched and fell in love with the first season of the hit show AppleTV +. The tweets made “Ted Lasso” trending on Twitter and they even caught the attention of show star Jason Sudeikis.
Below are some of @mixbecca’s tweets. You can click and check their feed to see a lot more.
Lucky for @mixbecca and everyone who’s watched season 1, we’re less than a month away from season 2.
2. ESPN has announced its full list of NHL announcers for next season. Sean McDonough, Steve Levy, John Buccigross, Bob Wischusen and Leah Hextall will all handle play-by-play for the network. Mark Messier and Chris Chelios highlight a long list of analysts. You can see the full list of advertisers here.
3. Last week we saw MLB players strip naked on the field following new checks by the referees for illegal substances. Last night Trevor Bauer received a full hand massage. It all gets so erotic.
4. I can’t say that I ever thought View would be part of Traina Thoughts, but there are few things in this world that I love more than TV about train wrecks. And this as classic train wreck television.
In a conversation Tuesday about Olympic hammer thrower Gwen Berry’s protests during the national anthem during the Tokyo 2020 trials this weekend, Meghan McCain somehow linked Berry’s turnaround during the national anthem to Vladimir Poutine. She then ended her intense rambling by saying that she was ready to die for the flag and this topic.
I was literally LOL’ing for real at my desk by the end of this ridiculous clip. You just can’t get mad about someone turning around during the national anthem.
5. The last SI media podcast includes two guests and a new segment.
The first is AEW play man and senior advisor Jim Ross. The man known as “Good Ole JR” reveals that he thinks Vince McMahon would sell WWE and explains why McMahon would sell. Ross also discusses the biggest challenge AEW faces, why he loves working for Tony Khan, if there’s anything we don’t know about the night The Undertaker threw Mick Foley off the top of Hell in the Cell, his reaction to hiring WWE and firing Adnan Virk and more.
After Ross, John Ourand of Sports business journal joined the podcast. Ourand shares insight into NBA playoff scores, struggles trying to watch the US Open, whether Vince McMahon would sell WWE and more.
The show ends with our new Traina Thoughts segment.
You can listen to the podcast below or download it on Apple, Spotify, and Stitcher.
You can also watch the SI Media podcast on YouTube.
6. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: The trailer for The Sopranos The prequel to the film was dropped on Tuesday morning. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the movie before watching the trailer and still don’t know how I feel after watching the trailer.
Make sure you catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts and consult the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina the Apple, Spotify or Stapler. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.